The Pimlico Million Eid party was a great success.
We had about 300 local people attending from diverse backgrounds. The day was packed with activities for children, young people and families – including face painting, henna, and other stalls.
After the past two years of lockdown, lifting residents’ sprits, as well as promoting health and wellbeing through this fun event was upmost in our minds in holding the event. It was great to see residents coming together and building relationships.
We couldn’t have done it without the commitment and vision of our partnership, and the leadership of our chair and vice-chair. A huge thank you to them and to the local community for joining in!
Our event happened due to the dedication and hard work from our staff, the wonderful volunteers, especially our energetic cadets who were the superstars of the event.
We must also thank:
- The Metropolitan Police ensuring our safety and joining in
- The creative and totally inspiring local artists led by Ed Quigley Citizens Art Market
- Our photographer Lucia Senasiova
- The food providers and the band
- Sarah Agnew and Isaac Rocke from the Outbreak Pimlico Foundation
- The Churchill Gardens Resident Association staff for their continued support
- All three local ward councillors